Friday 15 June 2012

The End Of All Worlds. TE Shepherd

Not my "usual" thing, I wasn't sure this book was going to hold my interest for the duration. I needn't have worried! Combining modern science and ancient folklore, this book takes you on a journey from the dangers of Iceland's natural elements to the supernatural world of the huldufolk and their fight to preserve their ancient home and protect them, and us, from evil. Starting off it was, seemingly, a tale of one woman's survival against the unforgiving Icelandic weather and her family's struggle to come to terms with the fact  she may be lost forever.It soon developed into something much more complex and unusual and I got immersed in the characters' journeys through time and the race to save our world. I was pleasantly surprised by this book and I look forward to more from this talented author.

No comments:

Post a Comment